Article 1: Scope of Application
Article 3: Intellectual Property Rights
- All intellectual property rights related to the information provided by the Company on the Website (including but not limited to video, audio, text, and programs) shall belong to the Company or other legitimate right holders, and as such, customers shall not use such information for private purposes or otherwise (including any acts of duplicating, transmitting, reprinting, and modifying) in excess of the scope approved by laws unless they have obtained the consent of the Company or any right holders.
- When a customer provides information to the Company through the Capcom Elections or otherwise through the Website, they shall grant the Company a worldwide, nonexclusive, and irrevocable license to freely use, duplicate, or disclose such information (excluding the information falling under personal information) without any charge.
Article 4: Capcom Elections
- The Company may provide the service to grant privileges to customers who have polled in a survey at a Capcom Elections on the Website. Details of the survey and privilege, privilege granting method, and other matters are as introduced on the survey page.
- A customer may poll in a specific survey only once. They may not give their answer to the same survey repeatedly.
- Customers may not, when polling in a survey, provide false information, personal information of others, or other inappropriate information.
Article 5: Prohibited Acts
In relation to the use of the Website, customers are prohibited from conducting the activities specified in the following items, in addition to the acts explicitly prohibited in other articles hereto:
- An act to infringe the copyright, portrait rights, property, privacy, or other rights of the Company or a third party
- An act to threat, create disadvantage for, or cause damage to the Company or a third party
- An act to impersonate the Company or a third party
- An act to damage the credibility or honor of the Company or a third party
- An act that is against public policy
- An act of unauthorized access to or to seize information from the facilities providing or managing the Website
- An act that has political purposes or any other acts similar thereto
- An act that has religious purposes or any other acts similar thereto
- A business activity or profit-oriented activity (except for a case where the Company has given a prior approval)
- An act to make use of any defect of the Website, yield a profit for themselves, or bring disadvantage to others
- An act to alter, analyze, correct, adapt, create a derivative work of, reverse compile, reverse assemble, and reverse engineer the communication data and programs provided on the Website
- An act to use and provide computer viruses that perform illegal operation on the OS in the software or an act to transmit, support, or publicize the same
- An act to use the information provided through the Website as an object to be traded for money without obtaining prior approval from the Company
- An act to disclose personal information of themselves or of a third party with no good reason
- An act to impede the use of the Website by other customers through specific continuous or repeated acts
- An act to solicit or assist the prohibited acts prescribed in this article
- An act that the Company determines as the preparation for the prohibited acts prescribed in this article
- Any and all acts that the Company determines as the interference with the normal operation of the Website by the Company
- An act of providing benefits or other cooperation to antisocial forces
- An act to perform any prohibited acts prescribed in this article through use of the Company or a third party
- Other acts that the Company determines inappropriate
Article 6: Measures to be Implemented against Prohibited Acts
If a customer conducts any acts prescribed in the preceding article, the Company may implement the measures specified in the following items:
- (i)Demand for improvement through warnings or alerts
- (ii)Refusal of use of the Website in whole or in part (including suspension of provision of services that are provided on the Website or refusal of provision of future services)
- (iii)Refusal of the use of other websites or various services operated by the Company in whole or in part
- (iv)Other measures that the Company determines necessary
Article 7: Handling of Personal Information
Article 8: Connection Environment
Customers shall, at their own expense and risk, make preparations for the network environment, software, and internet connection environment as necessary when using the Website, as well as all equipment required in association therewith.
Article 9: Disclaimer
The Company may, when it determines necessary, implement the measures prescribed in the following items without prior notice:
- (i)Cease or suspend operation of the Website
- (ii)Revise the whole or part of the information provided on the Website
- (iii)Cease or suspend provision of services on the Website or change the content of the services
- The Company does not, in relation to the content of the Website, provide any warranty for the safety, accuracy, currentness, usefulness, completeness, fitness for the purposes intended by customers, defects, errors, or bugs on security, or any other matters.
- Except in cases of willful misconduct or negligence by the Company, the Company shall not be held responsible or liable for any damages caused to a customer in relation to the use of the Website.
- If any damage incurred by a customer is caused by negligence (excluding gross negligence) of the Company, the Company shall only be liable for direct and ordinary damages actually incurred by the customer in relation to the use of the Website, regardless of default, tort or any other cause of action.
- The limitation of liability for damage under the preceding paragraph shall not be applied to a case caused by willful intention or gross negligence of the Company.
Article 10: Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
- Any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Website between the Company and customers shall be brought to the Tokyo District Court of Japan as the agreed exclusive jurisdiction of the first instance.
Article 11: Miscellaneous
Enacted on June 12, 2023
Revised on September 29, 2023