<Name of the Company, Head Office Location, and Name of Representative>
Company name: Capcom Co., Ltd.
Head office location (address): 3-1-3, Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan
Name of the Representative: Haruhiro Tsujimoto
1. Personal Information to be Obtained
The Company may collect the following personal information in relation to the use of the Website by customers:
- Email address used by a customer for polling at the survey polling station and other information input and sent by a customer at the polling station (such as age, sex, residential area, and other items)
- Information of the information terminal used by customers and other information related to the operation environment of the Website
- The content of inquiries from customers
- Other information separately specified by the Company upon collection
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company shall use the personal information specified in the preceding article for the following purposes:
- Operation of the Website and provision of services related to the Website
- Analyzation and investigation on the usage status and usage trends of customers in relation to the various services provided by the Company
- Improvement of services and development of new contents of the Company through analysis and investigation on customers’ usage status on the services of the Company
- Implementation of marketing relating to the products and services provided by the Company or a third party (including delivering information relating to the products, services, etc.)
- Responding to inquiries and providing support to resolute any fault
- Prevention of malicious activities conducted in connection with the services of the Company
- Other matters on which the Company obtains prior approval from customers
3. Provision to a Third Party
The Company will not provide the personal information specified in Article 1 to any third party, except for the cases specified below:
- When it has obtained prior approval from a customer
- When it delegates handling of personal information to a subsidy or affiliate company of the Company or another contractor within the scope necessary to fulfill the purposes of use
- Other cases when provision is approved under the laws and regulations
- When providing personal information under any item of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall abide by the applicable Personal Information Protection Act and appropriately carry out the provision.
4. Security Control Measures
The Company shall, with regard to the personal information of customers, work to secure accuracy and currentness, implement the necessary and appropriate security control measures (details are announced in the below-mentioned page, “3. Security Control Measures”), and when delegating the same to an external contractor, appropriately supervise the contractor so that the security control will be secured.
5. Inquiries on Personal Information, Exercise of Rights, and Other Matters
Any inquiries concerning the handling of personal information, requests, declaration of intention to withdraw consent, or contact regarding exercise of customers’ rights under laws and regulations are accepted through the online form as indicated below or at the contact point separately introduced on the Website.
Also, any request for disclosure based on the Personal Information Protection Act (Japanese law) shall be accepted in accordance with the terms and conditions introduced in the following page.
6. Provision on Customers Residing in European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom
- When transferring personal information from Japan to any country or area other than EEA or the United Kingdom, the Company shall secure sufficient measures to protect customers’ personal information by concluding standard contractual clauses based on the GDPR
- Customers residing in the EEA and the United Kingdom may exercise their rights of access, rights to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, and data portability against the Company; provided, however, that such exercise of rights shall be limited to the scope in which GDPR applies and to the matters related to the personal information handled by the Company.
- Customers shall retain the right to file a complaint with the Company or the competent data protection authority with jurisdiction over the customers’ place of residence as to the handling of personal information related to themselves.
In addition to the above-mentioned online form, the Company shall appoint and manage a Data Protection Officer (DPO) and a Data Protection Representative in EEA and thereby accept and respond to inquiries. The contact information of DPO and Data Protection Representative in EEA shall be as follows:
Point of contact for inquiries on personal information (DPO),
Capcom Co., Ltd.
3-1-3 Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 540-0037 Japan
(Data protection representative in EEA)
Capcom Entertainment Germany GmbH
22765 Hamburg, Germany
7. Other Matters
Enacted on June 12, 2023